If you are an adult and you want to undertake a short course of study in the UK (such as a beginner's English Language course or a work-related training course), you might be able to come to the UK as a student visitor.

If you want to study a longer course, or you want to work (including on a work placement) alongside your studies, you should apply under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system.

Student visitors are allowed to come to the UK for 6 months (or 11 months if they will be studying an English Language course).


You must prove that you:

  • have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
  • have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
  • can pay for your return or onward journey

If you’re under 18 you must also:

  • have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
  • have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

Where you can study?

You must be accepted on a course with an education provider that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence.

Otherwise your course will need to be held at an educational institution listed by one of the following:

Learning English as a foreign language

You must be at least 18 years old and accepted on a course to learn English as a foreign language if you’re applying for an 11 month Short-term study visa.

A mixed course, some of which is spent studying English, doesn’t count.

Visiting the UK as part of an overseas course

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if you are at least 18 years old and studying at an overseas higher education institution and part of your course is in the UK.

Your institution must:

  • hold its own national accreditation
  • offer only part of its educational programme in the UK
  • offer programmes that are equivalent to a UK degree

Researching in the UK for A Short Time

You can come to the UK for a short period of research if already enrolled on an overseas degree course.

To be eligible:

  • your course must be equivalent to a UK degree
  • you must be carrying out the research at a UK recognised body, or a body that receives public funding as a higher education institution
  • you must be at least 18 years old

Why Choose Sunrise Solicitors For Student Visitor Visa Application?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for UK student visitor visas. The quality of our service is self-evident from our clients' reviews about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for student visitor visa for UK and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.

If instructed to represent you regarding your application for UK student visitor visa, the immigration casework to be carried out by our immigration solicitors will include the following:

  • Taking detailed instructions from you about your student visitor visa application and advising you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures to be adopted by the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in your UK Student Visitor visa application;
  • Discussing your student visitor visa application in detail with you and advising you about the weaknesses and strengths of your entry clearance application as a Student Visitor;
  • Advising you about the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of your entry clearance application for student visitor visa;
  • Assessing the documentary evidence to be submitted in support of the student visitor visa application and discussing the same with you and/or your sponsor, if any;
  • Completing the online visitor visa application form and discussing the same with you and/or your UK sponsor;
  • Preparing a cover letter to introduce and support the application for UK Visit Visa as a Student Visitor;
  • Liaising with the British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for a timely decision on your application for Student Visitor Visa;
  • Doing all the follow up work until decision is reached on your application for Student Visitor Visa.

Our Fee For Student Visitor Visa

  • We will charge you a fee from £1,000 (no VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for entry clearance (visa) for the UK as a Student Visitor. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office, UKVI on the entry clearance application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.

Sunrise Solicitors is the trading name of Sunrise Solicitors Ltd (company registration no. 6405492). Sunrise Solicitors Offices are regulated by SRA under SRA ID 490903 (London Office) and SRA ID 645256 (Manchester Office). Sunrise Solicitors are also members of Immigration Law Practitioners' Association (ILPA).


© Sunrise Solicitors 2019 | Privacy Policy